E.U. Candidate Notice
In this notice, “Moelis”, “we”, “us” and “our” means Moelis & Company UK LLP (“Moelis UK”), Moelis & Company Europe Limited, Frankfurt am Main Branch (“Moelis Germany”) and Moelis & Company UK LLP, French Branch (“Moelis France”), one of which is considering your job application.
Moelis UK is registered at Condor House, 10 St Paul’s Churchyard, London, EC4M 8AL, Moelis Germany is registered at Taunustor 1, Frankfurt, 60310, and Moelis France is registered at 119-121 avenue des Champs-Elysées, Paris, 75008.
We should be grateful if you would read the information set out below before submitting your CV and/or application form, or immediately if you have already submitted your CV and/or application form.
About this notice
For the purposes of data protection law, we are a data controller in respect of your personal data. We are responsible for ensuring that we use your personal data in compliance with data protection law.
If you are offered employment with us, the offer will be conditional upon the information you provide during the course of the application process being correct. If you accept an offer of employment and any of the information provided by you is subsequently found to be incorrect, your employment with us may be terminated (or any offer thereof withdrawn).
Personal data that we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide to us or one of our affiliates. We will process information that you give us by submitting any applications, filling in forms or through any other communication with us, whether face-to-face, by phone, e-mail or otherwise during the application process. This may include:
- your full name (including previous names), date and place of birth, gender, nationality, citizenship, marital status, national insurance / social security number, bank details, ID card, passport copies, email address, postal address, phone telephone number, qualifications, education and employment history;
- information about your previous and current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- other information provided by you in an application form, CV or resume or during an interview;
- results of interview process tests or assessments; and
- health information, pregnancy and/or disability status.
- Information we obtain from other sources. This is likely to include information about you such as:
- your past performance at work and other information provided from your previous and/or current employer(s);
- personal or professional references from third party referee(s) that you provide to us; and
- opinions expressed by others about you from other individuals.
What we will do with your data
Subject to applicable law, your personal data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- to consider your job application (including, in some cases, verifying your qualifications, education and references with those third parties you name);
- compliance with any legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject (including compliance with any request from regulatory authorities or other relevant public authorities);
- for equal opportunities monitoring; and
- if your application is unsuccessful we will keep your information on record to notify you of relevant job vacancies with us that you may be interested in, in the future.
We are entitled to use your personal data in these ways because:
- we need to in order to consider you for a position with us;
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge; we may need to for the purposes of occupational health and to take decisions regarding your fitness for work;
- we need to make decisions in relation to hiring in order to:
- ensure that we have made appropriate checks on the qualifications, education and experience that applicants tell us they have;
- maintain compliance with internal policies and procedures; or
- allow us to effectively and efficiently administer and manage the operation of our business.
Certain forms of personal data are subject to specific additional protection in certain countries. We will only process your personal data if permitted by law.
In addition to the above, we reserve the right to collate, process and disseminate any statistics based on an aggregation of data held by us provided that any individual is not identified from the resulting analysis and the collation, processing and dissemination of such information is permitted by law.
In certain circumstances, not providing the requested data may affect our ability to meet the above purposes and may impact on our ability to process your application.
Disclosure of your information to affiliates and third parties
We may share your personal data with our affiliates for the purposes below:
- the management and administration of our business and our affiliates’ business;
- complying with the functions that each of them may perform relating to regional or global HR, legal, compliance or business management decisions;
- assessing compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures across our business and our affiliates’ businesses; and
- the administration and maintenance of the databases storing personal data relating to prospective employees.
We will take steps to ensure that the personal data is accessed only by employees of our affiliates that have a need to do so for the purposes described in this Notice. We may also share your personal data with third parties outside of the Moelis group for the following purposes:
- for the purposes of assessing your application and verifying the information that you have provided;
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to our service providers (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services and candidate relationship management tool) for the purposes of providing services to us.
These third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your personal data as described in this Notice.
International Transfers of Personal Data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by individuals operating outside of the EEA who work for our affiliates or for one of our service providers.
Where we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we will ensure that it will be protected in a manner that is consistent with how your personal data will be protected by us in the EEA. You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal data when it is transferred outside of the EEA (including a sample copy of the contract used with some recipients of your personal data) by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact us” section below.
Retention of Personal Data
How long we hold your personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria including:
- the purpose for which we are using your personal data: we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations: laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal data.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting through the details in the Contact Us section.
These rights include:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data and access to the personal data which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your personal data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to personal data which you have provided to us;
- the right to request that we correct your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to object to, and the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data but we are legally entitled to continue processing your personal data and/ or refuse that request; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection regulator in the country where our relevant entity is located if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us. If you are not sure which part of the Moelis group is using your data or which is the relevant data protection regulator, you can ask us to clarify this using the contact details below.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact us” section below.
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal data or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please address questions, comments and requests to DL_dataprotection@moelis.com.
You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.