CA Candidate Privacy Notice
In this notice, “Moelis”, “we”, “us” and “our” means Moelis & Company Group LP, which is considering your job application. This notice is applicable to California residents.
About this notice
If you are offered employment with us, the offer will be conditional upon the information you provide during the course of the application process being correct. If you accept an offer of employment and any of the information provided by you is subsequently found to be incorrect, your employment with us may be terminated (or any offer thereof withdrawn).
Personal data we may collect about you
We may collect and process information that you give us by submitting any applications, filling in forms or through any other communication with us, whether face-to-face, by phone, e-mail or otherwise during the application process.
- Information that you provide to us or one of our affiliates. This may include:
- your full name (including previous names), date and place of birth, gender, nationality, citizenship, marital status, national insurance / social security number, bank details, ID card, passport copies, email address, postal address, phone telephone number, qualifications, education and employment history;
- information about your previous and current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- other information provided by you in an application form, CV or resume or during an interview;
- results of interview process tests or assessments; and
- health information, pregnancy and/or disability status.
- Information we obtain from other sources. This may include information such as:
- your past performance at work and other information provided from your previous and/or current employer(s);
- personal or professional references from third party referee(s) that you provide to us; and
- opinions expressed by others about you from other individuals.
What we may do with your data
Subject to applicable law, your personal data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- to consider your job application (including, in some cases, verifying your qualifications, education and references with those third parties you name);
- compliance with any legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject (including compliance with any request from regulatory authorities or other relevant public authorities); and
- for equal opportunities monitoring; and
- if your application is unsuccessful we may keep your information on record to notify you of relevant job vacancies with us that you may be interested in, in the future.
We are entitled to use your personal data in these ways because:
- we need to in order to consider you for a position with us;
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- we may need to for the purposes of occupational health and to take decisions regarding your fitness for work;
- the use of your personal data as described may be necessary for our legitimate business interests (or the legitimate interests of one or more of our affiliates), such as:
- ensuring that we have made appropriate checks on the qualifications, education and experience that applicants tell us they have;
- maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures; or
- allow us to effectively and efficiently administer and manage the operation of our business.
In addition to the above, we reserve the right to collate, process and disseminate any statistics based on an aggregation of data held by us, provided that any individual is not identified from the resulting analysis and the collation, processing and dissemination of such information is permitted by law. In certain circumstances, not providing the requested data may affect our ability to meet the above purposes and may impact on our ability to process your application.
Disclosure of your information to affiliates and third parties
We may share your personal data with our affiliates for the purposes below:
- the management and administration of our business and our affiliates’ business;
- complying with the functions that each of them may perform relating to regional or global HR, legal, compliance or business management decisions;
- assessing compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures across our business and our affiliates’ businesses; and
- the administration and maintenance of the databases storing personal data relating to prospective employees.
We will take steps to ensure that the personal data is accessed only by employees of our affiliates that have a need to do so for the purposes described in this Notice. We may also share your personal data with third parties outside of the Moelis group for the following purposes:
- for the purposes of assessing your application and verifying the information that you have provided;
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to our service providers (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services and candidate relationship management tool) for the purposes of providing services to us.
These third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your personal data as described in this Notice.
Retention of Personal Data
How long we hold your personal data for will vary. The retention period will be determined by various criteria including:
- the purpose for which we are using your personal data: we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations: laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal data.
If you would like further information please address questions, comments and requests to Compliance@moelis.com.